Are You Depressed?
This is a self-test. It consists of three questions. If you check more than two boxes per question, you may be depressed. The list is not all-inclusive so if you aren't sure if you need help, we encourage you to consult your physician or another mental health professional, or contact us. However, if you have any thoughts of harming yourself or someone else, you need to seek professional help immediately.
1. Much of the time, do you feel...
2. Do you often...
- Have difficulty making decisions?
- Have trouble concentrating
- Have memory problems?
3. Lately, have you...
- Lost interest in things that used to give you pleasure?
- Had problems at work or in school?
- Had problems with your family or friends?
- Isolated yourself from others? Or wanted to?
- Felt that you have no energy?
- Felt restless and irritable?
- Had trouble falling asleep, staying asleep, or getting up in the morning?
- Lost your appetite or gained weight?
- Experienced persistent headaches, stomach aches, backaches, and muscle or joint pains?
- Been drinking more alcoholic beverages than normal?
- Been taking more mood-altering medications than normal?
- Engaged in risky behavior such as not wearing a seat belt or crossing streets without looking?
- Been thinking about death or your funeral?
- Been hurting yourself?